Dr. Sandra MurphyRole: Research Associate Email: email@example.com
I completed my PhD at Maynooth University, Ireland, where I trained in mass spectrometry. During this time, I used mass spectrometry-based proteomics to investigate the pathophysiology of the mdx-4cv mouse model of Duchenne muscular dystrophy, a severe and progressive neuromuscular disease of childhood.
I joined the NFRG in 2018 as a research associate. In this role, I provide proteomics support to the group, and am involved in numerous projects relating to idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, cardiac fibrosis, and neutrophil proteomics. My primary research interest is that of chronic liver disease. For this, we combine the precision cut slice technology developed by the NFRG with proteomics to understand how chronic injury remodels the liver tissue proteome and secretome, and how this affects other cell types, in particular, resident and infiltrating immune cells.
- PhD - Proteomic Characterisation of the mdx-4cv mouse model of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy - Maynooth University (2014-2018)
- BSc - Biological and Biomedical Sciences (First) - Maynooth University (2010-2014)
- Keystone Symposium-Fibrosis and Tissue Repair: From Molecules and Mechanics to Therapeutic Approaches (2020)
- Irish Mass Spectrometry Society Annual Conference (2019) - Invited speaker
- World Muscle Society Congress (2017)
- HUPO 2017: 16th Human Proteome Organization World Congress (2017)
- Inflammatory Diseases- Mechanisms and Clinical Perspectives (2016) – Short talk and poster
- ProteoMMX Strictly Quantitative 4.0 (2016)
- Emerging proteomic biomarkers of X-linked muscular dystrophy. Dowling P, Murphy S, Zweyer M, Raucamp M, Swandulla D, Ohlendieck K. Expert Rev Mol Diagn. 2019.
- Proteomic profiling of giant skeletal muscle proteins. Murphy S, Dowling P, Zweyer M, Swandulla D, Ohlendieck K. Expert Rev Proteomics. 2019
- Proteomic analysis of the sarcolemma-enriched fraction from dystrophic mdx-4cv skeletal muscle. Murphy S, Zweyer M, Henry M, Meleady P, Mundegar RR, Swandulla D, Ohlendieck K. J Proteomics. 2019.
- Proteomic profiling of liver tissue from the mdx-4cv mouse model of Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Murphy S, Zweyer M, Henry M, Meleady P, Mundegar RR, Swandulla D, Ohlendieck K. Clin Proteomics. 2018
- Proteomic profiling of large myofibrillar proteins from dried and long-term stored polyacrylamide gels. Murphy S, Ohlendieck K. Anal Biochem. 2018
- Comparative gel-based proteomic analysis of chemically crosslinked complexes in dystrophic skeletal muscle. Murphy S, Zweyer M, Mundegar RR, Swandulla D, Ohlendieck K. Electrophoresis. 2018