Caroline WilsonRole: Principal Investigator Email: email@example.com
I am a Newcastle University Research Fellow with research interests including the the role of the NF-kB subunit p50 as an inflammatory regulator in inflammation and cancer and understanding neutrophil heterogeneity and its tumour promoting role in Hepatocellular Carcinoma.
I have an academic background in Immunology having been trained at Newcastle University before completing my PhD in the Musculoskeletal Research in 2011 where I developed a system to study the presentation of a candidate joint autoantigen by antigen-specific B cells.
In my present role, I work with spontaneous age-related liver damage and cancer (nfkb1-/-) and carcinogen (DEN) cancer models to understand how the immune compartment is manipulated to support tumour development and spread.
- PhD - The Role of B Cells in Rheumatoid Arthritis - Newcastle University
- BSc (1st Class) - Medical Microbiology & Immunology - Newcastle University
- 2018 - Tyrell N.Cartwright, Julie C.Worrell, Letizia Marchetti, Catríona M.Dowling, Amber Knox, Patrick Kiely, Jelena Mann, Derek A.Mann, Caroline L.Wilson - HDAC1 interacts with the p50 NF-κB subunit via its nuclear localization sequence to constrain inflammatory gene expression
- 2018 - Concetti J, Wilson CL - NFKB1 and Cancer: Friend or Foe?
- 2017 - Ogrodnik M, Miwa S, Tchkonia T, Tiniakos D, Wilson CL, Lahat A, Day C, Burt A, Palmer A, Anstee QM, Grellscheid SN, Mann D, Bird TG, Vermeij WP, Kirkland JL, Passos JF, von Zglinicki T, JurkCellular senescence drives age-dependent hepatic steatosis.
- 2015 - Wilson CL, Jurk D, Fullard N, Banks P, Page A, Luli S, Elsharkawy AM, Gieling RG, Chakraborty JB, Fox C, Richardson C, Callaghan K, Blair GE, Fox N, Lagnado A, Passos JF, Moore AJ, Smith GR, Tiniakos DG, Mann J, Oakley F, Mann DA NFkappaB1 is a suppressor of neutrophil-driven hepatocellular carcinoma.
- 2015 - Wilson CL, Murphy LB, Leslie J, Kendrick S, French J, Fox CR, Sheerin NS, Fisher A, Robinson JH, Tiniakos DG, Gray DA, Oakley F, Mann DA Ubiquitin C-terminal hydrolase 1: A novel functional marker for liver myofibroblasts and a therapeutic target in chronic liver disease.
- 2014 - Wilson CL, Mann J, Walsh M, Perrugoria MJ, Oakley F, Wright MC, Brignole C, Di Paolo D, Perri P, Ponzoni M, Karin M, Mann DAQuiescent hepatic stellate cells functionally contribute to the hepatic innate immune response via TLR3.
- 2014 - Jurk D, Wilson C, Passos JF, Oakley F, Correia-Melo C, Greaves L, Saretzki G, Fox C, Lawless C, Anderson R, Hewitt G, Pender SL, Fullard N, Nelson G, Mann J, van de Sluis B, Mann DA, von Zglinicki T Chronic inflammation induces telomere dysfunction and accelerates ageing in mice.
- 2012 - Wilson CL, Hine DW, Pradipta A, Pearson JP, van Eden W, Robinson JH, Knight AMPresentation of the candidate rheumatoid arthritis autoantigen aggrecan by antigen-specific B cells induces enhanced CD4(+) T helper type 1 subset differentiation.