Caroline WilsonRole: Principal Investigator Email: email@example.com
I am a postdoctural researcher with research interests including the expression profiling of de-ubiquitinases in hepatic stellate cells, the role of UCHL1 in liver fibrosis and the role of p50 in liver fibrosis/cancer. I have worked as part of the Newcastle Fibrosis Research Group since 2009 having initially taken up a post of Research Technician before moving to my current role in 2011.
I have an academic background in Medical Microbiology and Immunobiology having been trained at Newcastle University as an undergraduate before working in the Musculoskeletal Research Group to complete my PhD where I developed a system to study the presentation of a candidate joint autoantigen by antigen-specific B cells.
In my present role, I have studied responses to liver injury using various models of fibrosis including CCL4, Bile Duct Ligation (BDL) and MCD diet. In addition, I have used a DEN cancer model to study neutrophil tracking, DNA damage and in vivo cell tracking.
I have given an oral presentation at an international Liver meeting in Pamplona, Spain and have presented posters at international Liver meetings in Berlin and Barcelona (EASL) during my time with the Newcastle Fibrosis Research Group.
- PhD - The Role of B Cells in Rheumatoid Arthritis - Newcastle University
- BSc (1st Class) - Medical Microbiology & Immunology - Newcastle University
- Ogrodnik M, Miwa S, Tchkonia T, Tiniakos D, Wilson CL, Lahat A, Day C, Burt A, Palmer A, Anstee QM, Grellscheid SN, Mann D, Bird TG, Vermeij WP, Kirkland JL, Passos JF, von Zglinicki T, Jurk (accepted April 2017) Cellular senescence drives age-dependent hepatic steatosis.
- Wilson CL, Jurk D, Fullard N, Banks P, Page A, Luli S, Elsharkawy AM, Gieling RG, Chakraborty JB, Fox C, Richardson C, Callaghan K, Blair GE, Fox N, Lagnado A, Passos JF, Moore AJ, Smith GR, Tiniakos DG, Mann J, Oakley F, Mann DA (2015a) NFkappaB1 is a suppressor of neutrophil-driven hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Wilson CL, Murphy LB, Leslie J, Kendrick S, French J, Fox CR, Sheerin NS, Fisher A, Robinson JH, Tiniakos DG, Gray DA, Oakley F, Mann DA (2015b) Ubiquitin C-terminal hydrolase 1: A novel functional marker for liver myofibroblasts and a therapeutic target in chronic liver disease.
- Wilson CL, Mann J, Walsh M, Perrugoria MJ, Oakley F, Wright MC, Brignole C, Di Paolo D, Perri P, Ponzoni M, Karin M, Mann DA (2014) Quiescent hepatic stellate cells functionally contribute to the hepatic innate immune response via TLR3.
- Jurk D, Wilson C, Passos JF, Oakley F, Correia-Melo C, Greaves L, Saretzki G, Fox C, Lawless C, Anderson R, Hewitt G, Pender SL, Fullard N, Nelson G, Mann J, van de Sluis B, Mann DA, von Zglinicki T (2014) Chronic inflammation induces telomere dysfunction and accelerates ageing in mice.
- Wilson CL, Hine DW, Pradipta A, Pearson JP, van Eden W, Robinson JH, Knight AM (2012) Presentation of the candidate rheumatoid arthritis autoantigen aggrecan by antigen-specific B cells induces enhanced CD4(+) T helper type 1 subset differentiation.