Modules & Workshops
EU-Speak offers six online Modules for teachers and tutors that make available this much-needed ongoing professional development. We also offer occasional Workshops with a specific focus.
The goal is to equip practitioners who work with this adult migrant population with the knowledge and skills that they need to be successful.
Our current module is Reading in a LESLLA context 2024 - now open for registration (from 15th January 2024), running for six weeks from Weds 24th January and open until the end of March 2024. The module will include a number of live webinars in addition to the content available on our Moodle website. Register here: https://leslla.wildapricot.org/event-5521496
• Reading in a LESLLA Context - January-March 2024.
• Bilingualism (and related Workshop: Heritage Languages)
• Acquisition and Assessment of Morphosyntax
• Vocabulary Acquisition (last ran from March to June 2021)
• Working with LESLLA Learners (last ran from May-July 2022)
• Language and Literacy in their social contexts (last ran from Jan-Mar 2023)
The modules are easy to access, international, and multilingual.
They are made available on a rolling basis using the Moodle online learning platform at http://www.eu-speak.net (currently closed to unregistered users).