The Marine, Offshore and Subsea Technology research group carries out research aimed at solving global challenges in marine technology. The work centres on three major themes:
- marine hydrodynamics and structures
- marine resources and renewable energy
- sustainable shipping and marine engineering
University of Southampton
The University of Southampton is home to the highly respected Wolfson Unit for Marine Technology and Industrial Dynamics.
The Sustainable Energy Research Group conducts research into tidal, wave, and offshore wind energy technologies.
The Marine Research group is based in Mechanical Engineering. It focuses on:
- naval architecture
- marine engineering, including offshore energy technologies
- high performance computations applied to challenges in the marine sector
- monitoring and integrity of large scale structure
- power systems within the marine sector