JUMPSTART is a research project looking at digital pedagogy and as part of this we are holding a 5-day training event on digital textual research methods.
The in-person modular training week is designed specifically for Humanities scholars working with textual materials.
Participants are expected to bring and use their own laptops.
- Monday 23 May 2022: An Introduction to Programming Fundamentals Using Python
- Tuesday 24 May 2022: An Introduction to TEI Publisher
- Wednesday 25 May 2022: Transkribus for Handwritten Text Recognition
- Thursday 26 May 2022: Data Science/Wrangling and Text Analysis
- Friday 27 May 2022: Introduction to AI and Machine Learning
The workshop runs from 23-27 May 2022 and can be booked as a whole or just any individual day. It is open to anyone who wishes to attend.