GLOBAL SECURE (Sustainable Energy through China-UK Research Engagement)
GLOBAL SECURE is an exciting collaborative project addressing research challenges associated with achieving sustainable and clean energy. It has an international engagement focus and will involve academics from Newcastle University and academic institutions in China.
There are 12 themes within the Global Secure project and has been funded by EPSRC for a duration of 12 months.
Newcastle University Schools
The project involves academics from 6 schools within Newcastle University.
- NIReS (Newcastle Institute for Research on Sustainability)
- CEAM (Chemical Engineering and Advanced Materials)
- MAST (Marine Science and Technology)
- CEG (Civil Engineering and Geosciences)
- APL (Architecture, Planning and Landscape)
- Computing Science
The project involves the following Chinese institutions.
- SJTU (Shanghai Jiao Tong University)
- Guangxi University
- IET (Institute of Engineering Thermophysics)
- GU-CAS (Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Science)
- BIT (Beijing Institute of Technology)
- East China Normal University
- University of Hong Kong
- Peking University
- Wuhan University
- Jishou University
- Dalian Maritime University
- China Institute of Water Resources and Hydropower Research (IWHR)
- Tsinghua University
- Dalian University of Technology