Society for Renaissance Studies Postdoctoral
The Society for Renaissance Studies invites applications for its Postdoctoral Fellowships, which support research in all aspects of Renaissance studies. There will be two Postdoctoral Fellowships awarded in the academic year 2018-19, worth £9500.
- Applicants must be graduates of British or Irish universities, and currently engaged in full-time research, part-time teaching or independent scholarship.
- Applicants must either already have been awarded their PhD no more than five years before 1 October 2018, or have been provisionally awarded their PhD by 31st May 2018, subject to no more than minor corrections (these corrections must be due to be completed and accepted by the awarding University no later than 1 October 2018, and applicants applying before their PhD has been passed will need to provide evidence of the status of their PhD when applying).
- In normal circumstances, such fellowships should not be held in conjunction with a postdoctoral or academic teaching post which is for more than 60% of a full-time post.
- The period of tenure is twelve months from 1 October.
- Fellows are required to become members of the SRS and will be invited to attend meetings of the Society’s Council.
- Fellows will be asked to present their findings at the end of the period of award, and to submit a written report for publication in the Society’s Bulletin
- Fellows must name the Society for Renaissance Studies in their affiliation in any publications and conference papers presenting the research.
Applicants should submit a single document by 30th April 2018, giving, in this order:
- Name and contact details (name, address, email number, telephone number)
- Project description (covering the research questions, existing debate in the areas, and how the applicant proposes to change this by their research). Maximum 1000 words.
- a CV (including a brief account of their research to date, and a statement of their proposed means of financial support during the year of the fellowship). Maximum 1000 words.
- Name and contact details of two referees (these will only be contacted for a reference in the case of applicants who are long-listed; they will be asked to give a reference before 31st May 2018).
- Proof of the status of the PhD, where not yet awarded, should be submitted as a separate document, where relevant.