Applying to Durham
Applications to join the MoSMed CDT at Durham University will be accepted through the Durham University online application portal and applicants should complete the Online Application Form.
Notes for completing the University Online Application Form:
- Programme Applied For: The course name is ‘PhD in Molecular Sciences for Medicine (EPSRC CDT)’.
- Department: When asked to indicate an academic department please indicate Chemistry as the MoSMed CDT is registered under the Chemistry department.
- Field of Study: Please include the project title(s) for which you wish to be considered and the project reference number(s) (e.g. mos23_01). If you are applying for a number of projects at Durham only one application needs to be submitted but please indicate which projects you wish to apply for and ensure that you upload separate Cover Letters for each project.
- Intended Supervisor: Please write the name of the Lead supervisor associated with the project of your choice based at Durham.
- Research Proposal: You do not need to upload a Research Proposal to your online application. Please ignore this part of the process.
- Supporting Documentation. As part of your application you will need to upload a CV, a covering letter (the covering letter must state the title of the studentship, quote the relevant reference code and state how your interests and experience relate to the project), academic transcripts and certificates for all your degree qualifications listed (we do not require school certificates). In addition to this if English is not your native language please upload the relevant supporting documentation to your application or indicate when you intend to date a test. Please note that any evidence provided must be dated within 2 years of the intended start date of the PhD programme (1st October 2022). For further information regarding accepted tests and exceptions please refer to English Language Requirements - Durham University
- References: Please ask two academic referees to upload their reference to the online portal when requested. This will require you to provide their institutional email address as part of the application process so that they can be provided the link to do this.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI)
All applicants (even those not shorlisted for interview) are asked to complete an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) questionnaire to capture applicant EDI data. EDI data collected will be provided (anonymously) to our funders for reporting purposes only. A form will be provided to you in due course.
Within the MoSMed CDT we are dedicated to building a diverse community based on excellence and commitment. To that end, in our recruitment of Doctoral Researchers we welcome applications from outstanding candidates of all backgrounds regardless of ethnicity, disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation and will consider all applications equally based on merit.
Once the deadline has passed, all applications will be given due consideration, and a shortlist of applicants will be invited to interview. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted directly with further details. Please note, we are only able to offer feedback to shortlisted applicants.
Should you have any questions regarding the application process at Durham University please contact the MoSMed CDT Manager (Durham), Emma Worden at firstname.lastname@example.org