PhD Research Opportunities
Funded PhD Studentship in the hydroacoustic performance of a novel ship propeller-rudder system - closing date 31st August 2020
We are always keen to hear from graduates looking to pursue postgraduate research with us.
Active PhD project opportunities (sponsored and self-funded) will be posted on this page soon.
Some of our current project ideas include:
- In-service performance of bio-inspired ribbed and flexible marine coatings
- Fatigue performance of flexible coatings for high performance ships
- Active control flexible hydrofoils
- Biofouled ship performance monitoring
- Performance and control of submerged bluff body vehicles in high velocity flow
- Bio-inspired propellers and propulsion systems
- Piezoelectric and triboelectric hydro-powered generators
We also welcome individuals with their own project proposals.
Informal enquiries are welcome - contact Dr Simon Benson in the first instance.