News & Events
CONEXS Workshop 2021
- Venue: Online event
- Start: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 10:00:00 GMT
- End: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 14:00:00 GMT
The CONEXS Workshop 2021 is aimed at training PhDs and PDRAs (especially experimentalists) in the theory of X-ray spectroscopy and how to simulate/interpret their spectra. In this year’s workshop, the focus will be on electronic structure methods for the understanding of pre-edge features and L-edges spectra, considering multiplet theory and quantum chemistry (TDDFT/Multi-reference) methods.
The workshop will take place online via Zoom over the course of 2.5 days. You will therefore need to have the following to attend the course:
- A stable internet connection
- A working laptop or PC
- Webcam (if not already integrated into your device)
- Microphone (if not already integrated into your webcam or device)
There will be a mixture of lectures and practical sessions with the following confirmed speakers:
- Prof. Frank de Groot, Professor of X-Ray Spectroscopy, Utrecht University
- Prof. Dr. Frank Neese, Director of the Max-Planck-Institut für Kohlenforschung
- Dr. Marius Retegan, Scientist at the European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (ESRF)
There is no fee to attend this online workshop, however attendance will be subject to an application process. Please complete the online application form by 12:00 midday (GMT) on Friday 18 December 2020. You will then be contacted about the outcome of your application and any further details week commencing Monday 1 February 2021.