News & Events
CONEXS Summer School 2019
- Venue: Barbara Strang Teaching Centre, Newcastle University
- Start: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 11:00:00 BST
- End: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 12:30:00 BST
The first CONEXS summer school will be hosted by Newcastle University, focusing on analysis techniques for the near-edge structure of X-ray absorption spectra including FDMNES and CP2K. The school will include introductory lectures starting from graduate level and practical workshops.
The summer school is free to attend and accommodation will be offered free of charge at the Caledonian Hotel, Jesmond.
- Axel Erbin, Stockholm University
- Augustin Bussy, University of Zurich
- Fernanda Nunes, University of Zurich
- Yves Joly, French National Centre for Scientific Research
Tuesday 10th September
11:00-12:00 – Registration and Lunch
12:30-18:00 – FDMNES Lectures and Workshop
Wednesday 11th September
09:00-12:00 – CP2K Lectures
13:00-14:00 – Lunch
14:00-16:00 – CP2K Workshop
16:30-18:00 – Poster Session and Drinks Reception
Thursday 12th September
09:00-11:00 – CP2K and FDMNES workshop
11:30-12:30 – Closing Lecture
If you have any queries about the summer school, please get in touch.