Ideas to eat more nuts
- Add a handful of mixed nuts and seeds to porridge for an extra filling breakfast.
- Choose muesli with a high nut and seed content or make your own and add them in.
- If making your own bread cover top of bread with olive oil and then stick sunflower seeds on the top just before baking. If buying bread, try and buy granary or ‘seedy’ bread.
- Have a handful of mixed nuts as a snack instead of crisps; they will keep the hunger pangs at bay.
- Add nuts to salads, pasta or rice dishes.
- Add almonds to chicken casseroles
- Add walnuts to cheese based dishes or mashed potato for a different texture.
- Add nuts to a crumble mix.