- Natasha Berloff and Jonathan Keeling visit us.
- Angela visits University of Queensland.
- Nick organises Quantum Gases session at CMMP11
- Yuri visits Skrbek's group and gives a seminar at Charles
University in Prague.
- Nick is external PhD examiner at Birmingham.
- Andrew gives a seminar in Exeter.
- Angela gives invited seminar at University of London.
Angela presents a talk at the UK
Cold Atoms meeting in Nottingham.
Three talks at ETC13, Warsaw (Carlo, Daniel, Andrew).
Invited visit to Helsinki low temperature physics group (Nugzar).
Seminar at Queen Mary University, London (Carlo).
Lucy starts her PhD.
EPSRC grant awarded (Carlo, Nick Proukakis) to work on
Visiting Professorship at Tubingen, Germany (Nick Proukakis).
Donatello presents a talk at the Laser Physics Workshop, Sarajevo.
Invited talk at workshop Knots and links: from form to function,
Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa, Italy (Carlo).
Stuart and Joy present talks on their recent work at DAMOP 2011, 13–17 June, Atlanta.
Yuri presents a discussion of quantum turbulence in the News and Views section of Nature Physics.
Invited talk at the workshop Vorticity on different scales: from the cosmological to the microscopic, RAS, London (Carlo).
Invited seminar at Leeds University (Carlo).
Talks at Workshop on quantum turbulence, Abu Dhabi (Carlo and Angela).
Two of our papers have been chosen to appear in PRA's Kaleidoscope (Paper 1, Paper 2).
Nick Proukakis takes part in the graduate school on New Trends in Quantum Matter (São Paulo, 4–14 April).
Nick Parker joins the group from the University of Leeds.