Links to other useful web sites including:
Resources (anaesthesia related)
- ANWEB UK, a list of UK Anaesthetic Department and School of
Anaesthesia web sites. Hopefully the most comprehensive and up to date list in the
- Anesthetic Mednet,
lots of links.
- A list of anaesthesia related journals.
- VAT, the Virtual Anaesthesia Textbook. A source of
world wide anaesthetic information.
Keith Ruskin's place to look at American anesthesia resources, still probably the best in
- ACCRI, Anesthesia and Critical Care Resources on the
- The Medika Anaesthesia Directory
Cyber Medical College , a portal for access to a variety of educational
material for all doctors
- Anaesthesia UK, a growing source of information for the
anaesthetist in training
- One Examination.com, Primary FRCA examination help
- The MMC
- The Postgraduate Medical Education and
Training Board, PMETB
- Resources for medical handheld computing.
- PubMed, free medline.
a very good medical information resource.
- The NHS
- Doh!, its the Department of Health
- The NHS
Information Authority Portal.
- The NHSDirect site.
- The CHI
site, Commission for Health Improvement.
- The NeLH,
National electronic Library for Health.
The Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network.
- A listing of all
healthcare providers in the UK .
sites, an impressive portal to all things medical.
- The Wisdom
Centre in Trent, a good place to start searching for information on
Informatics and clinical governance.
- The Cochrane Library, part
of Update Software.
- The Wellcome Library.
- The Centre for Evidence Based Medicine.
- The Bandolier home page, more evidenced
based medicine resources.
- IT Education
Training & Development programme.
- Gateway to Health Informatics for teaching.
the National Institute for Clinical Excellence.
- The Wanless
Organisations (anaesthesia related)
the Royal College of Anaesthetists. This site has information about the College, as well
as important documents about specialty training and examinations. Access to the
Intercollegiate Board for Training in Intensive Care Medicine ( three month blocks, three
the Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland. Information about meetings,
details of societies, an electronic version of Anaesthesia News.
the Association of Cardio-thoracic Anaesthetists.
- ADA, the Association of Dental Anaesthetists.
the Anesthesia History Association ( USA)
- APA, the Association of Paediatric Aneasthetists.
the Anaesthetic Research Society.
the British Ophthalmic Anaesthesia Society.
- HAS , the History of Anaesthesia Society.
- IASP, the
International Association for the Study of Pain.
the Intensive Care Society.
- Museum of Anaesthesia, dedicated to Brian Welsh.
- NEICS, the North East Intensive Care Society
- Neuroanaesthesia Society.
, Obstetric Anaesthetist's Association.
- The Pain
the Society for Computing and Technology in Anaesthesia.
Society for Education in Anesthesiology.
the British version.
the Society for Intravenous Anaesthesia.
the Vascular Anaesthesia Society.
This links list last updated 08/02/08 by Dr
G Enever. If you would like your organisation linked to this page, please contact me.