BE:WISE is working with academia and industry to deliver the future of sustainable wastewater management.
- Enables experiments to be run using 10,000 times more microbes than can be used in the laboratory.
- Allows for large scale experimental investigation of water engineering innovations that are scientifically rigorous and industrially credible, and will set a new global standard for wastewater research.
- Testing and replicating different elements of the wastewater treatment process so new ways of treating wastewater can be developed with greater confidence.
- Exploring different types and combinations of bacteria to identify how they behave in different sewage treatment processes.
- Speeding up the transition from existing energy-intensive treatment processes to low-carbon alternatives that have lower running costs.
- Research on low-temperature wastewater treatment for renewable energy generation.